Wireless lan?

I have 2 pcs connecting to each other by a lan modem both accessing to internet by using 2 cables... Now I've got a new wireless lan usb adaptor ...I want ur help if i can use this wireless lan to share computers using internet by removing the long cables on my previous lan modem.....if i can what should i do . Thanks in advance

My modem is just a lan modem can only use cables to be connected to network card

Favorite Answer

If the wireless LAN USB adapter is what I believe it is you can use it on one of the pc's if your current LAN Modem/Router has wireless capabilities (usually will have 1 or 2 antenna) on the back. If not you would need a wireless router to have wireless capabilities.

** You will have to purchase a Wireless Router then to have the wireless capabilities you are wanting.

You can get one on-line or at almost any store that sells computer equipment (Best Buy, Office Max, etc)

if your internet modem is only a lan modem and is not wireless capable than it wont be possible to use the usb wireless adapter so you will have to purchase a usb wireless router...

Source(s): 4 steps to set up your home wireless network http://pornx10.info/computerforum/showthread.php?s...

When setting up the wireless remember to select the adhoc connection button