Tourrette's syndrome, medication, and breastfeeding?

ok, huge shot in the dark here that anybody's experienced my current situation, but I thought I might as well ask. I have moderate Tourrette's syndrome but I had been able to be off my medication for the last two years, apparently the hormonal changes during pregnancy have made it come back with a... show more ok, huge shot in the dark here that anybody's experienced my current situation, but I thought I might as well ask.
I have moderate Tourrette's syndrome but I had been able to be off my medication for the last two years, apparently the hormonal changes during pregnancy have made it come back with a vengeance. Some of my tics are quite painful (popping my shoulders, grinding the tendons in my hands) and others (eye and facial tics) make it difficult to carry out normal tasks like driving. But I can still function.
Anyway, I'm breastfeeding and I am unable to find any medications that are compatible with breastfeeding. My doctor basically tells me to either tough it out or switch to formula (which is not an option).
Anyone have any experience with this or has had luck in treating tourrette's syndrome with safe medications or alternative therapies?
I would be forever grateful for some advice.