Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Who is higher up?

Who is the highest up and has the most power of the following, and also, who appoints them, or are they elected?

Chief Justice of the United States

Attorney General of the United States

United States Postmaster General

Director of National Intelligence

United States Field Marshal

Secretary of the Department of Defense

Chairman of the Federal Reserve

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Ghost
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

With the exception of Field Marshall, all of these are appointed by the President. Some, like Chief Justince and Fed guy, are lifetime appointments, and others are at the whim of each administration. Nobody here reports to each other, so they are not "higher up" than any one else. However, in the line of succession should something catastrophic happen, the following would be in line to take over in order of the titles you provided.

1) Secretary of Defense (number 5 in succession)

2) Attorney General (6)

• 1 decade ago

None of them are "higher up" than the other. I don't have the complete answer to your question, but I DO know that the Chief Justice (Head of the U.S. Supreme Court) is appointed by the president, as is the Director of National Intelligence, along with (I believe) the Postmaster General and Secretary of the Department of Defense, but don't quote me on that.

I'm not sure if the Chairman of the Federal Reserve answers to anyone.

• 1 decade ago

They are all appointed by the president except for the US field marshal. What the heck is a US field marshal. We have generals here ranging from 1 to 4 stars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.