OnStar home security system - can they listen in without you knowing?

On a GE system home security system panel, which uses OnStar, can the security system or anyone else "listen in" to your home without you knowing it? I know , I sound paranoid, but I have no experience with OnStar or anything like it and the salesman said that when the alarm is tripped the operator... show more On a GE system home security system panel, which uses OnStar, can the security system or anyone else "listen in" to your home without you knowing it?

I know , I sound paranoid, but I have no experience with OnStar or anything like it and the salesman said that when the alarm is tripped the operator will be able to hear basically anyone in my house.

I'm just wondering if it's possible for anyone at the security company (which I'm afraid isn't the most reputable) or some type of "hacker" could listen in to my home without the alarm indicating this or without there being any other indication.
1 answer 1