Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsOther - Visual Arts · 1 decade ago

How do you make homemade tattoo stencils w/out carbon paper?

I want to make tattoo stencils but don't have carbon paper or a hectographic pen- can i use something else? I've tryed using masking tape, but it doesn't work for larger pieces b/c the ink dryes. paper and water doesn't work either. HELP!!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of the tats that I have seen done, were done with a piece of wax paper like material, the artist draws the tat out with a Bic pen and customizes it for your taste if you have picked it out from an example, then wets your skin ,lays the paper on you and there you have your transfer, the trick is it has to be a mirror image ie backwards on the paper to be right on your skin.Cut your main lines first, wipe sparingly and shade.Mine were done by "pros" and that is how they done it.Note: the wax paper like material is used due to the fact the ink will not soak in and dry.

Source(s): personal observe, pure logic
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Homemade Tattoo Transfer Paper

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Many years ago, stencils were kept on file for each pattern, engraved into heavy plastic. You would then rub graphite into the stencil, and apply it to the vaselined skin, making a reverse image. Now we use thermal processing sheets and stencil-pro, green soap, or (in a pinch) Mennen speed stick to apply it. The stencil can be applied up to six or seven times. Have no idea about the pencils. Heard about it, never done it. Sorry.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you make homemade tattoo stencils w/out carbon paper?

I want to make tattoo stencils but don't have carbon paper or a hectographic pen- can i use something else? I've tryed using masking tape, but it doesn't work for larger pieces b/c the ink dryes. paper and water doesn't work either. HELP!!!

Source(s): homemade tattoo stencils carbon paper: https://biturl.im/4XUMX
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Tattoo Gallery, Lettering, Photos & More

• 5 years ago

3 items

-parchment paper

-non toxic fine tip sharpie

-water

-damp cloth

draw your image (words backwards of course) on parchment paper

put water on spot where you want the image (enough to make it damp but no drops on spot)

place image ink side on skin

hold for 10 seconds

place damp cloth on back of parchment paper hold for 20 seconds

and done you have your stencil on skin

it wont wipe off if you keep wiping with wet cloth

• 4 years ago

it's gonna look a little rusty but a gel pen speed stick deodorant and regular line paper draw with a pencil trace on back of paper with pen put the deo on arm first to help stick the place back of paper on arm and the rub deo on paper for about 1 minute let paper dry then peel off slowly then let arm dry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.