Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 1 decade ago

Who else thinks David Cook from American Idol is just a Chris Daughtry Wanna-be?

Chris Daughtry is AWESOME! The season of American Idol that he was in (I think 5?) was the ONLY season i actually watched all of becuz of Chris. I thought he was awesome! Jeez, didn't every1 get surprised about him getting eliminated that night in the bottom 2 wit Kathryn? Also...Taylor Hicks sucked! We bought his cd, thinking it would be good, we listened to it quickly through the songs, and then we put it away and never opened it again, it was so boring!

ANYWAYS, I really don't like David Cook this year! He's just being a stupid Chris Daughtry wanna-be, and he think he's better! I never like watching him sing, and I think that he better not win this year-_- I guess David Archuletta should win. I think David trys too hard with his punky hair, and rock clothing.

So, who else hopes David Cook loses?

Yea, i agree with you a bit Kelsy M, I'm not a big fan of David Archuletta, but out of the three left, i choose Archuletta.

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't really consider Cook to be a Daughtry wanna-be because that's not really fair to David. That's like saying that David A is a Clay Aiken or Anthony Ferdorov wanna-be or Syesha is a Fantasia,Tamyra Gray,Jennifer Hudson, Latoya London, Lakisha Jones or Melinda Doolittle wanna-be. Just because someone has a similar style as someone else, it doesn't make them a wanna-be. In 7 seasons, with all of the contestants they've had, everyone's bound to sound like someone (except maybe Jason. I have to give him that). So, no, I don't consider Cook to be a Daughtry wanna-be. I do think he was inspired by him, though. Daughtry was the one who made it cool for a Rocker to go on American Idol and opened doors for Cook and others like him. But it doesn't mean Cook is just trying to copy him. But even if he is, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so,if anything, it's a compliment to Daughtry.

PS I still don't want Cook to win, though, because, like Daughtry, I think he'd have a much better career without the stigma of being the American Idol. But I do want him to come in second place.

• Sofy

I have been a big big fan of Chris since he started in American Idol and I dont think David is a Chris wanna be. They both have the same style, like Chris has the same style as other singers and bands. The only thing they have in common is that they are both naturals and they dont need American Idol to become famous. David got offers already, like Chris did before American Idol ended. I want David to win for many reasons...he is a natural, he can sing anything, he knows how to move on stage, he is good in interviews, good looking, plays guitar, nice woredrove, etc etc etc. I can totally imagine David's album like I imagined Chris's and it came out amazing. I try very hard to imagine Archuleta's album and all I think about is High School Musical. I like the girl as well...but she is average, nothing special about her. David is not trying too hard with the punky hair, rock clothing, is his style!!! Archuleta is actually trying really hard with his angel, innocent face and voice.

I am a huge Daughtry fan, but think that Cook is actually all around talented than Chris Daughtry. Remember, I am a Daughtry fan looking at the big picture.

I really don't care who wins, but I think it will be one of the David's...even though the winner bet on in Vegas is Syesha as the black horse of the group...no pun intended! But I do have to agree that Cook trys to act, look & sound exactly like Daughtry...which is fine, because I like them both. Archuleta is OK also, just a little more plain & Clay Aiken-like...not really the Idol type...but he still sings good & is a cute little boy!

David Cook takes songs and makes them his own.....David Archuletta sings the most boring songs (he put me to sleep last night).....thought Syehsa came on strong at the end too.

I do think that they drag it out too long....by this time, I am tired of it and want it over, and too, from the comments and looks of the judges, they are bored as well by this time. They have run out of things to say.

David Cook is no way a Chris Daughtry wannabe......he is his own person singing..........Chris just totally rocks out; saw him two weeks ago with Bon Jovi and if you get a chance to see him in concert, do it.....he puts on one whale of a show!!!!

Sorry, I just like the rockers.............ROCK ON DAVID C!!!!

• Dee U

David Cook is Great !

He's talented and has a good voice.

Daughty would be flattered if Cook was trying to imitate his talent.

David Archuleta is a Bobby Vinton wanna-be, if he wins he'll be coming out of the closet just like Clay and George Michael, hopefully it won't be by being arrested for soliciting by the same sex.

Source(s): my opinion!
  • Libby

I agree with you 100%! I definitely want David Archuleta to win this season, I've thought all along David Cook was way over-rated. He does think he's better than Chris Daughtry and just about everybody else. I especially liked the part where you said he's trying to hard with the punky hair and rock clothing-- you're right on!

• ,

No, I don't agree. He's better than Daughtry, in my opinion, much more versatile and comparing them both is unfair because he never said he wanted to be like Daughtry.

I'm not going to insult him even if I am a major David Archuleta fan there is no point in doing so.

They are both simply amazing. In my eyes David Archuleta is way better but whatever everybody has their own opinion. That doesn't mean you should insult anybody though. Unlike Cook fans that do. Which is so juvenile.

David Archuleta is obviously going to win he has the biggest fanbase so don't worry & don't go posting stuff about Cook thats mean.

:)

LOOK, DAVID COOK IS NOT A WANNA BE HE'S 10X BETTER THAN DAUHTRY, AND YOU'RE JUST UPSET HE'S GOING TO WIN, AND YOU SHOULDN'T GO AROUND BEING MEAN.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!