I was stung by an insect, should i go doctor's?

I was stung by an insect and the bite has seem to become infected. there is a large surface area around the bit where it has become infalmed. It is very painful and itchy. I have put anticeptic on ti several times get it seems to only be getting worse. Should i go Doctor's for some anti-biotics or should it... show more I was stung by an insect and the bite has seem to become infected. there is a large surface area around the bit where it has become infalmed. It is very painful and itchy. I have put anticeptic on ti several times get it seems to only be getting worse. Should i go Doctor's for some anti-biotics or should it just go away?
Update: Thanks for all the answers. I live in the UK and i don't believe there are any poisioness spiders (i could be wrong), but there has been several spiders in my house the past couple of day's. In fact, i found a very large spider under my bed the night i got stung (i did remove it before though).