Need idea to cover a closet that cant have a door.?

We have this open closet in our bathroom. It reaches from the floor to the ceiling which is 8 ft and it is about 1.5 ft wide. It wont work to put a door on it but we also don't want to leave it open because it usually looks messy. I was thinkig of just hanging a curtain or something on a rod and it would hide everything plus be easy to slide. I just cant find anything long enough, like the shower curtains and wondow curtains both that I have found have only been 6.5 ft longest and that is too short. I dont want to spend a fortune. Another thing is the house is built 1917 and weare trying to keep it of that era, for example dark trims and such. Anybody have a really creative good cheap idea?

Favorite Answer

Consider buying an extra long shower curtain, since they do exist... here's a link or two... or three... or four...

http://www.vitafutura.com/curtains/long.asp

http://bed-and-bath.bedbathstore.com/homeware/Extr...

http://www.bedbathstore.com/exloshcu.html

http://www.showerail.com/shower_curtain_info.htm

You could also consider buying a normal shower curtain, buying a piece of fabric that would make it long enough once it's sewn to the bottom. This is also a way that you could custom design your look, by having a fabric band at the bottom to match your decor.

Source(s): I am my source: Diva Decors ReDesign: on a mission to help you ReDesign your space... whatever it is!

I have a problem like that in my apartment with my hallway to my bedroom being to narrow to fit a door so what i did was take a curtain rod and a dark thick drape long enough to the floor and put curtain rod n tighten to the wall so it stays in place and u can always movie across if u need to get in the closet ..to make it fashionable u get it to match the color of the room its in as a ccent like everything in my hall is white walls n burgundy plants n decor so i got a dark burgundy drape to match looks very nice actually

Spending a lot of money on new furniture is like tossing your money away, Antique furniture can be found for the same price or less and can always be sold or traded on the secondary market for no loss, and if it gets couple scratches while you own it no one cares. Lighting makes a big difference, I would look for something that you can adjust the light level and a cool looking ceiling fan avoid those small halogen lights ( I know they look cool in the stores ) because they get way too hot in a small room. Also some clear glass corner shelves would be nice. Dark suede drapes to block out early morning light, I bought tan drapes and I had to return them because my whole room glowed a gold color in the morning a solid core door for noise is a good idea if you like your own music or put up a thick homemade hook & ladder carpet wall hanging on the door. Good Luck

• dawnb

Find the fabric you like at your local fabric store and make your own drape and trim. It's mostly just a matter of a simple stitch to create a pocket for the rod.

Buy a spring load shower curtain rod and some fabric and sew a simple curtain. If you want to get fancy you might even want to embellish the fabric to add some style.

Here's a link to long curtains. Use a tension rod and add trim if you want. Good luck!

• ds

Use a tension rod and a twin size top bed sheet. Sheets have many choices in color and patterns. If you dont sew you can fold the top edge over the rod and use safety pins to keep it in place.

How about trying a couple of blinds, trimmed to fit. You could hang them 2 or 3 vertically, then you could open only the section of the closet you need to. It would be very affordable and would solve your problem.

two four foot bifold doors

or some hippie beads

the fabric shop will have material that you can make curtains out of as long as you want

Source(s): I would always defer to the redesign diva she knows of what she speaks