promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I need the name of a horror movie..?

all i know is that in this movie there's a little girl who for some reason is inside a hotel. with a creepy old lady who creates portals. and i know that in one scene the little girl looks at her reflection and it looks creepy too. i think the creepy old lady is from the poltergist but im not sure.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Poltergeist III (1988)

IMDB synopsis:

Carol Anne (Heather O'Rourke) has been sent to live with her aunt and uncle (Nancy Allen and Tom Skerritt) in an effort to hide her from the clutches of the ghostly Reverend Kane (Nathan Davis replacing Julian Beck). But, he tracks her down and terrorizes her in her relatives' apartment in a new high-rise building. Will he finally achieve his target and capture Carol Anne again, or will Tangina Barrons (Zelda Rubenstein) be able to thwart him?

IMDB review excerpt:

He also thinks it's Carol Anne making him think he saw Donna crawl out of Tangina's dead body when she got killed by the Carol Anne Possessed mirror reflection.

TRIVIA:

This is Lara Flynn Boyle's film debut.

Although much of the film is set in Chicago's John Hancock Center, the shopping area and parking garage as seen in the film do not exist in the Hancock Center. The shopping area (especially the escalators seen immediately before the art gallery sequence) is across the street, in the Water Tower Place shopping mall. The parking garage is definitely not the Hancock Center's, it was filmed in a high-rise dual tower complex called Oakbrook Terrace in a suburb west of Chicago.

The notion of a "curse" came about due to deaths of two actors and two actresses appearing in the trilogy (though many other films likely have had more losses). Dominique Dunne died sometime after "Poltergeist"; she was involved in another project~the TV miniseries "V". Julian Beck was terminally ill when he accepted the role of The Reverend in "Poltergeist II: The Other Side". Will Sampson, who co-stars in the second film, died following heart surgery. Of course, everyone is aware that Heather died after completion of the film, but most are unaware that she had a chronic illness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still trying to find a description in the IMDB forum that will verify your description. There are some great scenes with the mirrors that are on the walls of the corridors. The place seems to be made of glass, makng for a great look and lots of eerie moments as we glimpse "reflections" that should not be there or that do not echo the real person.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Its Poltergeist 3 , the little girl dies in real life shortly after the film was completed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd almost want to say one of the Poltergeist movies, although they made a few of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.