I know you don't want religion, but how about a verse that NAMES THEM ALL? Just like reading a newspaper.
The living Bible states here in verse 1, know this Timothy, it will be difficult to be a Christian.
So let's see as we diasect this verse what we've got:
1) Pleasure seekers
4) Blasphemey, liars in all forms of life, in politics, in religious organizations, in big business too.
5) DISRESPECT of family unit, thus the whole family falls apart.
6) Disloyalty, to mates, to vows, to agreements, contracts,( credit cards - people go bankrupt because of it) etc
7) People with mental troubles or not, just people of today have grown plain MEAN, FIERCE ie: road rage, snatching children, killing others, find any newspaper article lately of someone doing abusive thing. ( local or USA Today)
8) Churchgoers, but when leave the church go to a bar, beat their children, have bumper stickers that say "God is my co-pilot" while they are performing road rage. They don't live up to what is preached in church.
9) Homosexuality, Lesbanism -- no natural affection --. This pleases themselves only because it is unnatural. Very serious illness. Disturbs the way husbands will view a wife in a marriage later in life. No proper respect for mates, etc. Usually Lesbians and Homosexuals even can't stand each other. Isn't that a riot! Like an oxymoron almost.
10) GREED- lovers of money. People work themselves to death today, for what? MORE. Another car, a pool, send kids to college, more tech stuff in the home, More more more. "The one with the most toys wins" wins what? Satans snare? His trap of disception? Being weighed down with all these anxieties of life until it chokes you to death? No fun.
I list 10 for you because the number 10 symbolizes earthly completeness in the Bible. Mention that too in your report for extra smartness!
(2 Timothy 3:1-6) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power
· 1 decade ago