Help! I lost my computer sound just by unplugging speakers temporarily?

I needed to listen to something without making a lot of noise, so I unplugged the green cable from my speakers from the back of the computer tower...plugged my headphones into the same port, then after I was done, plugged the speakers back in. Now they don't work! The audio program on my Windows Vista is... show more I needed to listen to something without making a lot of noise, so I unplugged the green cable from my speakers from the back of the computer tower...plugged my headphones into the same port, then after I was done, plugged the speakers back in. Now they don't work!

The audio program on my Windows Vista is called Realtek HD Audio Manager, and it keeps asking me "Which device did you plug in?" I've selected "rear speakers" which doesn't work, then did "front speaker", "Line In", then all the improbable other options and the damned thing won't play sound. I've rebooted the PC, even tried plugging the cable into the red (mic) and blue (digital in) ports as well, to no avail!

The PC is a Gateway GT5468 and typically works great. All the cables look secure, I can't believe this relatively new PC got all SNAFU'ed because I plugged in some headphones for a few minutes.

Again....help!