Mother having Heart Bypass Surgery tommorrow, should I drop everything and fly home regardless of the cost?

My Mother (age 78) who I have a distant relationship in recent years, has heart problems and is scheduled for emergency heart bypass surgery tommorrow. I do not know what to do. One of my sisters who has a better relationship with Mom has flown out to help my Father and is taking off from work this week. My... show more My Mother (age 78) who I have a distant relationship in recent years, has heart problems and is scheduled for emergency heart bypass surgery tommorrow. I do not know what to do. One of my sisters who has a better relationship with Mom has flown out to help my Father and is taking off from work this week.

My other sister and I are debating if it is worth the cost and problems at work. They live in medium sized town 1000 miles away, with limited air servive, so a last minute ticket would cost about $900. Add the cost of car rental and hotel and you are talking about some serious money. I have one other sister who lives near by who is also doubtful she will make the long and expensive trip.

Mom and Dad and I have always been distant and we only see each other on Christmas and talk maybe twice a year by phone. Conversations are brief and forced.

What would you do?
Update: I work at a company that would not allow me to use sick leave to go out there because I am not the primary care giver, so I would have to go leave without pay.