U.L.C. ordained Wiccans------?

This is more of a search for assistance than a question-- I am looking for one or more U.L.C. ordained Wiccans (eclectic preferably) to collaborate with me in the writing of a book. I don't want it to be another "wicca 101", but more of a guidebook for Wiccans approaching the craft from the U.L.C. perspective.

I'm looking for a person (people) with these requirements:

ordained for at least a year

dedicated to the craft (not just a badge-wearer)

does not do "textbook" spellcrafting or rituals (you write your own material, does not copy the work of others)

has the time to actually help complete this project.

Anyone interested? That's a question, so this post IS legitimate.....

D cider-- You obviously have no clue as to the workings of Wicca and U.L.C. Why don't you go learn something instead of making the rest of us dumber with your bellyaching?

All who are interested in updates on this project, keep an eye here in R&S, subject Universal Wicca

Favorite Answer

I am not only ordained through the U.L.C but through a local pagan church here in Ohio. I've been in the U.L.C for, Goddess, 15 years at least and have been legal in the state of Ohio for the past 6 years. Two of my coven mates and a girlfriend are also ordained through the state. I have been in the craft for 24 years, so I guess it's up to you to decide how dedicated that makes me. I think I am about as eclectic as it gets, trust me on this one. ;-)) and I defiantly do my own writing. What exactly do you consider the U.L.C perspective? And how is this any different then the perspective already out there that witchcraft is pretty much an individual experience and each of us can be a Priest or Priestess if we wish in any tradition or path we chose to follow? I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but the big deal with the U.L.C is that they feel that "anyone" (or anything for that matter) can be ordained and you don't need to go through a church or a religious school in order to do it. You just need to ask. So how is the U.L.C perspective any different then what's already out there when it comes to Wicca? My email is there.

Yes, there are Wiccan priests and priestesses who are ordained. You even mention the word "priest" is included, so I don't understand how you think it excludes Wiccan priests. As such, if you can find one, they can legally officiate your wedding. If you can't find one, that's not that's state's fault. Many Wiccan clergy are ordained through the ULC, which is an online ministry. Absolutely anyone can get ordained through it, and it's perfectly legal. Many Wiccan priests use it for legal ordination. You could also go through the Unitarian Universalists, They basically let you write your ceremony, and they don't care what you faith is. Simply being a religious leader (priest, minister, whatever) does not make you legally ordained. Anyone can stand up and lead many religious groups. That doesn't give them legal standing. You have to meet certain criteria, but being ordained through the ULC is one such method. Your priest and priestess should know if they can legally officiate a wedding. If they don't know, clearly they can't, and they're unprofessional to boot.

Honestly, I have no idea what you mean by writing about Wicca from a "ULC perspective," since the ULC has no dogma beyond you believe in something. Wiccans use the ULC to get official ordination status (which I've been for 5 years). That's really the extent of the connection between the two.

There is no one universal U.L.C perspective. They have no standards for ordination and will accept anyone. The only standard they even have for ordaining anyone is that you have to believe in something. Technically you could believe in a Tin Foil God, and get ordained as a Priest of the Tin Foil God. I just dont see where its so absolutely necessary that you collaborate with people in the ULC or what unique perspective you think your going to find.

Good luck on the book though.

The Universal Life Church is now "ordaining" Wiccans? I was a ULC "Minister" when one could buy ordination from a P.O. Box from an ad in the back pages of Rolling Stone ($3.00 offering). For $15 , I got a D.D.

It was, and is, a good tax dodge.

So you have to be recognized by a governing body, in the ULC, in order to be an "official" witch? With a "textbook" of Rules of Order and a hierarchical structure? A set of protocols one must adhere to in order to be recognized? There are Levels?

Sounds familiar.

I guess it is just Human Nature, to want to belong to a dictatorial spiritual hegemony.

Plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose.

Sounds a lot like the Church.

Am I the only one choking on the irony?

Source(s): The Reverend Doctor Cider (D.D.)

Have you researched one of the actual ordaining *Wiccan* groups? You know, ones with actual standards for clergy?

How is ULC different from badge wearing?

Like Universal Eclectic Wicca?

If you want to talk Email me... So, what is it that you wish to know? I have been a ULC member and Wicca for 10 years. Let me know what you are looking for. I may be able to help. Eclectic, and I do my own work.

BB

Merry Meet

U.L.C. has several programs concerning Wicca, but you might want to check out the break-away site that deals with "other Religions" as there was a schism several years back-

Good luck with your project-

B.B.D.D.

I'm afraid I can't help, but I would like to see your book when it's done. Blessed be.

when your done writing it let me know ill read it