Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Does any one have a recipe for PF Changs shanghai street dumplings?

PF Changes used to have Shanghai street dumplings on their menu(which i loved) since they removed them I wanted to make them myself. I looking for any recipies people have.

Thanks

Im looking for Shanghai street dumplings not shrip ones. Thanks though.

Favorite Answer

P.F. CHANG'S CHINA BISTRO SHRIMP DUMPLINGS

MIX:

1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, washed and dried

2 tablespoons minced fine carrot

2 tablespoons minced fine green onion

1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

2 tablespoons oyster sauce

1/4 teaspoon sesame oil

1 package wonton wrappers

SAUCE:

1 cup soy sauce

1 ounce white vinegar

1/2 teaspoon chile paste

1 ounce granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

Sesame oil to taste

1 cup water

1 tablespoon cilantro leaves

Take 1/2 pound of the shrimp and mince fine in a food processor. Take the other 1/2 pound and small dice.

Combine remaining ingredients except wonton wrappers.

With a small spoon, place approximately 1/2 ounce of the mixture into the wonton wrappers. Moisten the outside edge. Fold corner to corner (opposite) and seal. The top should look like a cross. Place on a plate covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Combine sauce ingredients and mix very well. Prepare garnishes.

FOR SERVICE:

Have a soup pot filled with water. Bring to a boil, then down to a slight boil.

Line the bottom of a Chinese steamer with a light coat of vegetable oil or a nonstick spray. Place dumplings in steamer. Cover and steam for 7 to 10 minutes. Dumplings should be firm with an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.

Either serve in steamer or remove to serving plate. Place 2 ounces of sauce in a small dish or bowl.

Servings: 4

Shanghai is a distinguished international city pulling more and more attention from all over the earth; therefore see what that town provides with hotelbye . Shanghai is a popular journey destination for visitors. In Shanghai you can see the marvelous Yu Garden (Yù Yuán), also referred to as the Garden of Happiness. This Garden covers a location greater than 20,000 square yards and includes an external and an internal garden. The oldest section may be the Outer Garden with more improvements being made in the 18th century when Sansui Tang, the park's main hall, was added. The newer and significantly smaller Inner Garden days from 1709 and contains characteristics normal of a traditional Chinese writer's Garden: beautiful little pavilions, ornamental rocks, and little pile stages, dividing surfaces and small lakes, and a richly furnished theatrical stage.

I have heard so much about PF Changs that when one opened near my home, I couldn't wait to go there. I was a bit disappointed. I have a couple of local chinese restaurants near my home that serve food as good as if not better than PF Changs, and not any more expensive. I got Cashew Chicken, egg roll, tasted a pork dish my daughter got, but was not really impressed with any of it.