Ali
Ali asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Any good quick easy healthy recipes?

I'm not a very good cook! I know I have to eat better since I'm pregnant. Anybody have any good suggestions for quick and easy meals?

Favorite Answer

I absolutely love a yam baked in the oven. I put a little patty of butter in the center and eat it, sorta like a baked potato. SO good, and good for you, too! I eat that and a hard boiled egg and wheat toast with butter and preserves. I know that's a totally weird meal, sorta piecemeal, but all of those things are good for you...

I've found that more important is to get yourself things like WHEAT breads and bread products, fruits and veggies (any veggie steamed is easy and good for you), and milk. I drink 1%, personally.

Oh, and a really tasty and filling breakfast drink: a smoothie! I get frozen fruits (NOT in syrup or sweetened!), vanilla yogurt, honey, and orange juice, and make myself a quick smoothie in the morning. Very tasty and relatively quick.

I also throw a little bit of ground flaxseed in my cereal. Makes me feel like I'm getting a little extra goodness...

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://bitly.im/aMLgO

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

I didn't give amounts for the ingredients because it's up to the cook. Whatever proportions taste best are the correct ones. Ingredients: Boneless skinless chicken breast Green bell pepper Red bell pepper Orange bell pepper Yellow bell pepper Onion(s) Garlic cloves to taste Nonstick cooking spray water (about 1/2 to 3/4 cups total) salt and pepper Slice garlic as thinly as possible Chop all ingredients into bite sized pieces Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray Cook chicken until the outsides are cooked, sprinkling with salt and pepper Add bell peppers, onions, garlic slices, and enough water to barely cover the bottom of the skillet Cooking cooking on low heat. Continue adding water little by little, as it will be absorbed. Do this until onions are translucent and bell peppers are soft. Remember to turn so that it all cooks evenly. You can serve this over rice or wrapped in a tortilla. You can add salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese, if you want. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

Here is a link to the quick and easy recipes from the Food Network

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_quick_easy/

And here are some that are also very healthy (not that the others aren't)

http://www.healthy-quick-meals.com/

I've used recipes from both sites and they are good, fast and easy.

Congrats!

salads, soups, pasta with sause and a salad would be very good, lots of vegies and fruits.

you can email me for recipes.

i am a great cook and can give you plenty.

Bread and butter...jail styles