Facts About Australia??
Could you give me some fun, interesting, facts about Australia. Maybe some stuff about Australian bands. Also are there some facts about Perth Australia specificity you could tell me?
- DY BeachLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Western Australia and Perth interesting facts
1.Perth is the second most isolated capital city in the world.
The site below provides some interesting things about the size of Australia compared to other country's.
2.The Darling Ranges in Perth (also known as The Hills) was an old fault line caused by a massive earthquake.
The sites below will give you more details.
3. Mount Augustus in Western Australia is the largest monolith in the world. It's 2.5 times larger than Uluru (Ayers Rock)
4. Rottnest Island located 19 km off the coast of Western Australia, near Fremantle was given the name Rottenest (meaning "rat's nest" in the Dutch language) by the Dutch fleet captain Willem de Vlamingh on 29 December 1696. De Vlamingh described the indigenous marsupial called a quokka as a large rat.
5. The Sea Breeze that comes in, is also known as the Fremantle Doctor.
6. Perth is 3rd windiest City in the World.
7. Perth was named after Perth in Scottland.
- CollegeLv 61 decade ago
IDK if this helps but australia's landforms have not changed much in the past 250 million years, but north america has changed in the past 25,000 years.