Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Does eating cheese or bread before drinking alcohol, help you not get drunk easily?

• Buzzy
    Favorite Answer

I think a full stomach in general will keep you from getting drunk easily.

• jtease

No. Don't eat, if you eat theres food in your stomach therefore you will have a longer time to absorb the alcohol into your bloodstream because your stomach is already full the bread you just ate & the alcohol will just loose it effectiveness cause it take longer for you to go into you bloodstream.

Believe me I've tried it. I'm a petite gal. Everytime I have a litte bread or cracker or even nuts at the bar I notice I dont get buzzed by the time I drink a glass of beer I'm still not buzzed it takes over two glasses at least for me by then i'm full & bloaty so I go for the hards. If I don't eat I just drink 1/2 a glass of beer & i'm aleady buzzed 1/4 or 1/8 glass for the hard drinks.

So don't eat. Eat something way after later after you enjoyed your drinks & done drinking so then you eat.

Erm i really dont think so... Eating helps to line the stomach especially bread it soaks up the booze..

Eating in general slows the absorption of alcohol

• John M

anything you eat soakes up booze, never drink on an empty stomach

Didn't know about that but.....my friend's secret is to keep a piece of ginger in your mouth while you drink.