Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Does eating cheese or bread before drinking alcohol, help you not get drunk easily?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Buzzy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think a full stomach in general will keep you from getting drunk easily.

• jtease
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No. Don't eat, if you eat theres food in your stomach therefore you will have a longer time to absorb the alcohol into your bloodstream because your stomach is already full the bread you just ate & the alcohol will just loose it effectiveness cause it take longer for you to go into you bloodstream.

Believe me I've tried it. I'm a petite gal. Everytime I have a litte bread or cracker or even nuts at the bar I notice I dont get buzzed by the time I drink a glass of beer I'm still not buzzed it takes over two glasses at least for me by then i'm full & bloaty so I go for the hards. If I don't eat I just drink 1/2 a glass of beer & i'm aleady buzzed 1/4 or 1/8 glass for the hard drinks.

So don't eat. Eat something way after later after you enjoyed your drinks & done drinking so then you eat.

• 1 decade ago

Erm i really dont think so... Eating helps to line the stomach especially bread it soaks up the booze..

• 1 decade ago

Eating in general slows the absorption of alcohol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John M
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

anything you eat soakes up booze, never drink on an empty stomach

• 1 decade ago

Didn't know about that but.....my friend's secret is to keep a piece of ginger in your mouth while you drink.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.