Is 150 mg of Wellbutrin SR once a day effective?

I'm already 20 mg of Lexapro. My psychiatrist told me to add Wellbutrin (well, the generic Bupropion version) to help with depression and my utter lack of sex drive. I am concerned, however, because he prescribed: 1. The scary generic version. 2. 150 mg of the SR version, but only once a day. Won't... show more I'm already 20 mg of Lexapro. My psychiatrist told me to add Wellbutrin (well, the generic Bupropion version) to help with depression and my utter lack of sex drive. I am concerned, however, because he prescribed:

1. The scary generic version.
2. 150 mg of the SR version, but only once a day.

Won't that leave my system and give me withdrawal effects for the remaining half of the day? Or am I misunderstanding how the SR works? I thought only the extended release type could be taken once a day?

Please let me know! Thanks!
Update: Yes, I think my psychiatrist just gave me the generic because it's cheaper with my insurance. I didn't think there was any difference, but apparently there is, from what I've read. My real question, though, is about the dosage... Usually, I think the SR version is prescribed to be taken twice a... show more Yes, I think my psychiatrist just gave me the generic because it's cheaper with my insurance. I didn't think there was any difference, but apparently there is, from what I've read.

My real question, though, is about the dosage... Usually, I think the SR version is prescribed to be taken twice a day. Am I right about that? Is this unusual? Thanks so much!
Update 2: nehevea11, do you take Wellbutrin XL or SR?

XL can only be taken once daily, but SR is often prescribed for two times per day.
Update 3: Thanks, Paul! That's reassuring. I would love it if I could decrease the Lexapro dosage. It's such a balancing act for me. When I was on 300 mg of Wellbutrin XL alone a few years ago, it was too hyper and anxious. Lexapro makes me too sleepy... Hopefully this will be a happy medium for me. I am glad... show more Thanks, Paul! That's reassuring. I would love it if I could decrease the Lexapro dosage. It's such a balancing act for me. When I was on 300 mg of Wellbutrin XL alone a few years ago, it was too hyper and anxious. Lexapro makes me too sleepy... Hopefully this will be a happy medium for me. I am glad to hear that the SR can be taken only once a day..