Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

How do I cash a check?

I know i should probably know this but how do i Cash a Check? Are there different types of checks that u need to cash differently?

Best Answer

If you do not have a bank account, then I would visit the bank of your choice, and if nothing else....open your account with that check. If you do have an account, great! Take the check to your bank and deposit it.

If you do not have a bank account, and don't wish to open one, you can take the check to any local branch of the bank it is drawn off (look on the face of the check for the banks name, for example...Wachovia NA, Bank of America, SunTrust, etc). Take a photo ID with you (which you would need to open a new account anyway), and cash the check there.

• Cliff

you can either go to the bank that check is drafted on and get the cash, or you can go to the bank you have an account with and ask them to assist you.

No, just take the check into your bank, that you have the bank account with and ask "can i please cash this check in?" simple as xx

go to da bank