Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Re: Circumcision - Why did my parents cut off part of my body when I was born? What gives them the RIGHT?

I am a 20 year old male and have a deformed penis. I never understood what the problem was until I started doing some research online. When I was mutilated as a baby I guess I didn't heal right, or the drs. didn't do it right or something because I look deformed (I have bridges where they shouldn't be) and intercourse is quite painful for me.

I no longer speak with my parents as they completely destroyed my manhood. It's going to cost a lot of money to try to get my penis somewhat fixed and I do not have the money and also have no insurance. Can I sue them being as it is THEIR fault and NOT MINE?

Apparently my parents did not think I was good enough left whole and natural and chose to cut off part of my body, my foreskin without my permission. How can they be able to do that? It should be illegal. It's MY body, not THEIRS.

• Favorite Answer

Umm sorry? That sucks but I got my son done and I have no regrets and neither does my husband. Your parents should have seen the problem and got that fixed when you were younger.

Unfortunately some people still seem to think it's ok to mutilate babies. I would talk to a lawyer and see where you stand, after all the choice your parents made on your behalf will have long term effects on you both physically and mentally. Maybe the others here are right and it's more likely you can sue the medical staff who performed the procedure.

Have a look online and I am sure you will find some support groups of other men in your position who understand how you feel. It will help to talk over your feelings with someone in the same boat. Good luck!

I'm in England where circumcision is much less common. I wouldn't have my child circumcised unless it was medically necessary (as it was for my husband's cousin apparently) but I'm sure your parents thought they were doing the right thing, and I doubt you can sue them. What about the hospital that carried out the procedure?

Sorry about your problem.

I don't know why people these days still insist on mutilating their newborn sons - it's obscene. I didn't have my son circumcised and he's a perfectly healthy teenager now. Why people still do it as a matter of routine, rather than because of medical necessity (which would be rare) is a total mystery to me - it's barbaric. But anyway, you may well have a case against the doctor who performed the operation. You would need to see a lawyer.

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a real question but rather an anti-circumcision zealot trying to prove a point (check his other questions)?

I could be wrong, and if I am, sorry.

I'm all for not doing routine circumcisions, but outlawing them? I don't know about that. For some reasons they are definitely medically indicated.

Source(s): RN

I doubt you can sue them but they should have sued the doctor that did it because it sounds like it was done wrong. I didn't do it to my sons if they clean themselves they will be fine. It is better that way because it isn't exposed and it doesn't loose sensitivity from being out all day. It was their decision to do this am I'm sorry yours went wrong. I understand it has caused problems for you but don't kick them out of your life because of it. They might not have known what to do after it went wrong. Talk to them about it I know they didn't mean for it to happen this way. They gave birth to you after all they didn't mean to hurt you. Lots of guys have problems just keep talking to your doctor.

Ok...first of all If your serious its not your parents fault. Doctors used to recommend it as the healthiest decision. The doctors who performed it are at fault. Stay close to your parents they may be able to help you raise money to have it fixed. I'm sorry for your problem. Just don't give up.

I think you should be looking at sueing the doctors and hospital who did it. It's not your parents fault. They would have been advised to do it, and thought it was the right thing for your heaths sake.

It's not like it's an unusual procedure.

Your thinking is totally twisted. Your parents, out of concern for your health, did what was the acceptable and recommended thing to do at that time. You are a victim of misfortune, not of your parents. Any surgical procedure has risks, as you are always informed beforehand. You are at risk of losing the love of two of the most important people in your life.

Ur tripping. I'm sure your parents did not mean for this to happen to you. In American culture its just one of those things that people have done to their sons. In some African cultures they circumcise women. Now if you hadn't been circumcised then it would have been a problem with that. Don't be so hard on your parents its not as if they did it themselves.

that sucks, seek counseling. your parents didn't perform the surgery, give them a break they could have aborted you.

check with a lawyer regarding malpractice but too much time may have elapsed.