What is your favourite Mark Twain quote?

• Dragon
    Favorite Answer

"If you feed a starving dog, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

and that one from Huck Finn where Huck realized he wanted to save Jim but i dont member what he said... grr

Ah, the ever quotable Mark Twain.

My favourite - "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."

it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

out of all of gods creatures. there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash that one is the cat.

if man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man but it would deteriorate the cat

Yes I have to go with the quote' Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated'.

• Kiwi

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

If you've never tasted soap, you've never washed a dog.

reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated

"All you need is ignorance and confidence- then success is sure!"