why would my dad say this?

well my mom and dad are divoriced and my dad asked me if i wanted him to be happy and i said yeah and then he said well you destroyed it and you dont even know it. does any one know what this would mean?

no rude answers please.

Favorite Answer

WHAT? Where is your dad so I can go kick his ***? That is just wrong on so many levels. Is he blaming you for his life? It's not true if he is. He must have just said that out of anger and not meant it. I really hope so.

Is he actually placing blame on you for the divorce? No child is EVER responsible for that, but unfortunately we live with the fall out of it. My parents got divorced when I was 3 months old and I STILL have not heard the end of it and I have a 7 year old of my own.....

I put an end to one of my parents placing the blame on me but telling them that if they have something negative to say about the divorce or the other one that they need to go to them and leave me out of it.... give it a try.

I hope you have talked to you mother about this...

If he is saying that it is your fault that they got a divorce, that is simply not true. The reason that they got a divorce is because of them. They didn't get along, someone cheated, abuse, etc. And if he is trying to blame it on you-leave him alone for awhile or talk with him about it, maybe talk to your mom about it. Good luck-that is sorry of him.

Is he blaming you for the divorce? Is he seeing someone else and you did something to mess that up? Did you tell your mom something that he didn't want her to know? What are the circumstances linked to him asking you that to begin with?

Destroyed what ? Him being happy? Or him getting divorced?

Maybe he's jus really frustrated right now. Midlife Crisist.

• Please, go tell your mother he said that.

He's being a jerk. YOU are NEVER responsible for your parents happiness or lack thereof. EVERY person is responsible for their OWN happiness.

Good luck and best wishes.

if they were recently divorced then hes just trying to push it off on you to make himself feel better it should pass and if not then maybe its better to not be around him?

Ask him what he means.