where would my girlfriend get birth control pills without her parents knowing, she's 18?

okay so i've never done it with her without a condom because i dont wanna risk the pull out method. i want her to go on BC and i will still pull out to prevent pregnancy. plus i kinda want to tell her to get tested for STDS even if shes only done it once without a condom with one other guy except me. (to be on the safe side)

where would be a good place to do all of this without her parents knowing. im 17 and we're high school seniors

also its been about 4 months since she's done it with that other guy and she has no signs of an STD should i still be worried. i mean i know the guy and he doesnt seem like a bad person but im just paranoid.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

if she's 18 she doesn't need parent consent and they don't have a right to know. She can very well go to planned parenthood or her family doctor...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should both be paranoid. Get tested, both of you.

Regardless of who she goes to to get on birth control, her medical treatment is confidential and it's against the law for any medical professional to notify her parents, even if she were a minor. To be on the safe side, maybe she could go to planned parenthood or some other women's center where none of the staff would know any members of her family. In other words, avoiding the family doc might not be a bad idea.

Worst case, it's possible that if she pays for the visit through her health insurance, a statement about the insurance claim (provider, date, charge and co-pay, etc) may be sent to her house, addressed to the subscriber (likely one of her parents). So they may find out that she saw a doctor. It won't say she got on the pill. And 18 year old girls should be seen by a gynecologist on a yearly basis for a checkup anyway, sexually active or not, so she can make that excuse. No one has to know the details unless she spills it or leaves her pill pack around.

• 1 decade ago

She can get birth control from her doctor...she's 18 and legally considered an adult therefore she doesn't need parents consent...you should both get tested for std's that 's the responsible thing to do..you just never know...it doesn't mean your dirty but if your not going to protect yourself with a condom then you need to be sure...I would still suggest you use a condom...what happen's if she forgets to take her pill one day??? it's not 100% effective for pregnancy and 0% effective for std's...best of luck!

• 1 decade ago

If she is 18, then there is no reason her parents would need to know unless she wants them too. She is considered an adult, so she can make those decisions.

Planned parenthood is good with this if she is on their insurance and doesn't want them to know.

It's great that you are being so smart about all of this, but just remember nothing is 100% sure. If you are having sex, there is always a possibility of making a child, so you had better be ready for anything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

She can go to plan parenthood if shes under 18 or over 18. And they won't tell her parents. Also if she goes to the GYN they will put her on birthcontrol and she shouldn't need a parent's consent. However, if she pays for the GYN appointment with her insurence her parents could find out. I know both of these are true because I know from expierience. I don't know the laws in your state so maybe she can call ahead just to double check..they will tell her!

• 1 decade ago

I would have her go to planned parenthood. I believe they can also test her for STD's there as well

If there is not a planned parenthood around, look for a local women's clinic. They often offer these type of services to teenagers for free, if not for a very low fee.

Good luck--and please try to be responsible-- The pill does fail every once in a while, and you have to trust her to be taking it every daya t the same time, or else it will fail!

• 1 decade ago

Doctors office is legally required to NOT tell parents if the child is 18. They are considered an adult. I work at a clinic. Planned Parenthood will also do all those things for an adult.

Source(s): I work at a clinic.
  • 1 decade ago

Planned Parenthood gives birth control to any 18 year old with out parent consent. It is very responsible and mature of you to be concerned for your sexual health.

• 1 decade ago

If she's 18 she can go to her Doctor and get BC without having to tell her parents - doctor's have to keep confidentiality and plus she's classed as an adult.

• 1 decade ago

first off even if your gf gets on birth control you can still get her pregnant by using the pull out method so be careful and you can try planned parent hood good luck and take care

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.