pupgirl asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

Landscaping: I am about to re-do the flower bed in front of my home.?

We prefer flowering shrubs of some kind. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Granny
    Favorite Answer

If your home faces north, Azaleas are beautiful, along with Rhododendrons, and Pieris.

If it faces another direction, Lilacs, Spireas, Hibiscus, Hydrangea, Mountain Ash, and many more...

A good place to see different varieties:

http://springhillnursery.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_10

It depends on where you are. If you're in Arizona or a very warm climate, oleanders are beautiful year round and they flower. They also grow quickly and come in 2 or 3 different colors.

If you live in the Midwest, then I would suggest rhododendrens or azaleas. They both bloom in the spring and are gorgeous.

Here in Missouri everyone is going crazy over "knock out roses." They're maintenance free compared to regular roses, bloom all summer, and are bushy. The blooms are not like a regular rose, and they're very easy to take care of. They love sun and grow fast.

Good luck!

In Las Vegas, I have had excellent luck with climbing roses and rose shrubs.

How about azaleas, hydrangeas, lantana, camellias, star jasmine, gardenias, butterfly bush. I can't think of too many more.

rose-of-sharons are beautiful and bloom for quite awhile in summer. they come in at least three different colors that I know of. white with pink centers, pink with dark pink centers and blue, probably with pink centers.