Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Do you ever purposely bump into other cars if they park bad - like ON the yellow lines in a parking lot?

I seem to have gotten into this habit lately when I pull into a parking spot if I see someone who is all ON the yellow line instead of between them I will purposely bump their car a little when I'm pulling in, or sometimes just go out of my way to drive by it and scratch it or rub my bumper against their door to teach them a lesson to PARK BETWEEN THE YELLOW LINES CORRECTLY. That's what they're for. So hopefully next time they see a scratch on their car they'll think "hmm, maybe I should have parked between lines like a normal person." Who else does this? Who's with me?

Favorite Answer

I absolutely will make a few scratches on a car if they park on the yellow line, definitely. It doesn't take much effort to park between the lines, so they get what they deserve!

So you are a sneaky little vandal? A person who doesn't give a crap about the property of others? What's next, running over bicyclists who dare to be in your way on the road? Running over little old ladies who take too long to cross the road in front of you? Who in blazes do you think you are? You are going to be noticed by somebody that puts a baseball bat through your windshield (my favourite, and what I would do), or follows you when you leave, and runs you off the road (very likely in California), and you will have asked for it you self-important bozo. YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW! If a police officer spots you doing it, you could be arrested for vandalism, how would you like that? Did you never stop to think the person arrived when the lot was crowded, and had to park over the line because the people in the next slot parked too far over, leaving no option?

Sorry, I can't totally go along with this.

I do agree that it's annoying, though. Sometimes, it is hard to get into and out of your car, if you are parked next to somebody like that. And sometimes, they will take two places, leaving no place for other people to park.

Every morning when I park in the deck where my office is, I open my door to check and make sure I'm parked straight and evenly between the lines. If not, I back up and move over.

Some people don't have the ability to park between lines as well as other people. That really doesn't mean they deserve to have their car dented and scratched.

I'm glad you brought this up, because hopefully it will give you a chance to think again about your behavior. As another answerer said, it is illegal to purposely destroy or vandalize another person's property. If you get caught, you will be in big trouble. Please think this over.

No I would never do something like that. For one thing I don't want my car banged up. It sounds like you don't care about your car. Weather you do or not you need to have some respect for other people's property.

Also what your are doing is against the law. One of these days your going to get caught and honestly I hope you do. There is no excuse for damaging other peoples property like that.

If something like that makes you that angry then you have got some unresolved issues that need to be delt with.

Just think the next time you pull a stunt like that you my have someone waiting at your car when you go back to it.

My blood is boiling just thinking about you doing something like that. People work to hard to have someone like you destroy their property.

You need to grow up. Or get help. Or maybe both!!

I don't think I have ever read anything on here that has made me any madder!!

That is so illegal, and somehow worse because it is intentional. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish but it is a type of road rage that will one day end up with someone dead. You don't know whose car you are damaging, and even if it isn't damaged, if you are caught by the right person, you'd better have good health insurance.

I would hate to think of you raising children. As a social worker, your behaviour would be a huge red flag to me.

I'd see you as somewhat unbalanced and I'd recommend a home visit to see what other punishments you consider appropriate. You need to get a grip before the wrong person writes down your license plate and turns you into the police. Your reasoning will get you into even more legal trouble than you thought.

Think of this as a wake up call to step back from being a parking lot vigilante.

Well, that's one of the dumbest ideas that i've heard in ages. You're going to be racking up the insurance claims doing that. I know if I caught someone doing that to MY car, the police would be called. I take it your car's a piece of junk, and you don't MIND having multicolored scratches on it.

I think you have unresolved issues and need to see a psychiatrist. Yes, everyone's thought about it, but not done it.

That person might be coming back to his car and see what you did and you'll have to pay for the damage. Some good samaritans will rat you out too.

What goes around comes around. Stop your childish behavior!!

• Mags B

Hi, nope, never been that childish to want to ruin someone's property because they were'nt doing it the way I wanted it to be. Lets face it, there are rapists and murderers etc,and you are worrying about someone parking on a yellow line. It must be very sad and lonely being you.

Well that's a little overboard. But yeh, I will definitely slam my door into theirs if they do that. As someone said, how hard is it to just park between the lines, sheesh.

uh no i dont do stuff like that, that's a total jerk move. if i ever see someone like you doing that in a parking lot, especially to my car, you best watch your back. and whoever said you have a piece of junk car is right, why would you want to damage your own car?

You're wrong, and I think you know that, and frankly, if I knew who you are and where you lived I would let the local police know what you do. You are taking the law into your own hands you have no right to damage cars and you have no right to judge others and carry out punishment according to your own invented rules.