What would be the best way to talk to my child's father about me leaving?

After having gotten some feedback on where I can look up laws on child endangerment here in GA I know that I need to get out of the house. I just don't think that he understands as he has made the comment that if I even move in with my parents to get me out of his parents home with the drugs, he will leave me. He says that "I" am being selfish on the matter and only thinking of myself when that is far from the truth. I just want the best for our son and, well between the lack of cleanliness, smoking and drugs in the house, I am terrified to bring my child here. Even my ex has offered to raise my child as his own if I just moved in with him. He tried to send me a bus ticket for the day after I learned about the drug problem here. I don't want to hurt the father of my child because I DO love him but I don't see that there is anything else I can do.

• eryops
    Favorite Answer

The best way is to pack up necessary items for yourself and your child, and get out.

You have already voiced your concerns, and he wasn't very receptive. You don't owe him any further explanation. If you still believe you must tell him something, leave him a note, or mail a letter (using his address as the return address). Make the message brief. Tell him what you told us, that you want what's best for your son, and that means getting to a safer place. Leave it at that. Avoid face-to-face interactions about it, as it can just complicate things. You don't need that.

I'm glad that you've found some support outside that house. You seem ready now. Great for you (and your son).

it's better if you pack up your child's and your things and leave. go to your parents or your ex's house. if your husband tries to hurt you, call the police IMMEDIATLY

Pack your things and go. Let him figure it out that you left his ***.