why is it everytime i type something into my search enigne it redirects me to a phony website?

for instance, i try to look up lil mama website and it redirects me to partners.mamma. etc and other bull webistes ......what does that mean?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Turtle
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like your computer could be infected with Spyware. Download Spybot Search & Destroy. It is free and do a bot check and see if you have spyware. If you do the program will allow you to delete it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Your computing gadget would the two have: A: some form of spyware that motives your browser to re-direct to diverse web content or B: The web content you're using are imitations that look like Google or Yahoo yet easily are only advertising pages. I recommend a sweep of your desktops challengingchronic(s) with a virulent disease scanning application including Nod32, advert-conscious or Avast! (all unfastened), or to fully verify that the positioning you're using to seek is the real google, yahoo, and so on.

• 1 decade ago

you may be infected with spyware,only one way to know run some scans of your hard drive.Search engines dont re-direct you though they are meant to give you hits (adresses)based on any keywords you input.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.