where to find snails in your yard?

need one to do a project on. but where do i get one? ive heard their in gardens but our garden isnt up yet since it just turned spring...do u no where to find one outdoors without buying one?

Favorite Answer

If you have snails in your area you can usually find them at night under pieces of rotten wood, boards that have laid on the ground, under piles of thick leaves or any sticks that have stayed in the same place all winter. They only come out at night so get a flashlight. You may not have snails. When I lived in Illinois, we had slugs but no snails. Here in Michigan, I have plenty of both. Also turn over rocks that have been in the same place for a long time.

Where Can You Find Snails

Well I was just looking and found snails under slightly lifted rocks. Under other stuff was red ants, termites, slugs umm cockroaches and black things oh and ants lots of ants. I looked at night and before I even touched my back yard I saw all these snails. It was pitch Black though It looked like they were having a party. Lol.

They are usually on side walks or pourches a little after sun set

Under some old leaves or any kind of moist organic material.

Usually they are in wet places they come out at night and love wet places. they hide in deep bushes and dark places.

hope this helps

Love them so check in trees in dark places and in corners where there is alot of grass...

you can put out cantaloupe rinds and they crawl in it to eat at night

I don't habe a yard, that's the best solution.