promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

food stamps?

when a person applies for food stamps, who pay for food stamps? does it affect custody status of your children if you have custody? or do they try to collect from the other parent?

thanks

Update:

thank you all for your answers

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is entirely funded by the federal government under the United Stated Department of Agriculture. And no, there is no affect on any custody status or trying to collect repayment from an absent parent.

Source(s): 17 years experience with Okla. DHS.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you get food stamps, the government will send you a credit card with a certain amount of money on it. The government pays for it. It does not affect the custody status of the children. They do not try to collect money from the other parent because they pay child support. If the other parent refuses then call support kids at 1-800-691-KIDS. They will help you get the money you deserve. Good luck.

• dlk
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We, the taxpayers, pay for the food stamps. Food stamps is a federally funded program through our federal taxes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Food stamps are funded by federal taxes only.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

working people pay with their federal taxes and No custody is not based on wether you are receiving help from the state. ( I know this because I was raised by my father and step mother who were on welfare. My mother and step father both worked.) However, today you have to work to get help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.