Anonymous

Does America hate its Asian men?

I think so. The most famous Asian-American male is a guy who shot 32 people then killed himself in Virginia tech. He is the most famous Asian American thier is.

Why dont people start talking about BJ Penn or Brandon Vera who are very good role models for the Asian american population.

If you dont know who BJ Penn is here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDSpMs5Vyo

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlYFqnXLqo

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Update:

BJ Penn is Korean-American and Vera is Filipino

Also Enson Inoue is Japanese American one of the few heavyweights to have a win over Randy Couture also

Couture said in an interview that Inoue is the toughest fighter he has ever dealt with.

Update 2:

Cung Le i dont see him as dominant cause he hasnt only fought and beaten one really top fighter. Frank Shamrock was fighting with a bad knee against Cung Le. Plus Frank didn even go for a takedown.

Anderson Silva would own Cung Le in a fight.

The best Asian fighters in the world is either Lyoto Machida who is half-Brazilian and half-Japanese (Brazilian mother and Japanese father and he was Born and raised in Brazil) and BJ the prodigy Penn.

Update 3:

But Machida isnt American so he doesnt count.

Update 4:

Puerto Ricans are much worse drivers than Asians thats for sure.

Update 5:

i aint hating puerto ricans. Jesus we get shitted on all the time. Why cant you Ricans do the same.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Damn BJ Penn is hott

But anyways.

I don't think America hates Asian men. It's just that Asian celebrities are.. all about being Asian.

Look at Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li... all their movies have to involve some martial art.

They dont have alot of Asian men who are just men and whose roles don't focus on their ethnicity (I still love John Cho from Harold and Kumar)

So maybe some people don't find many "American" enough for them because they have their accents, and they play roles that emphasize how Asian they are. Look at Bobby Lee from MADtv.. he often plays Asian Stereotypes on the show, he doesn't just play characters, he plays Asian characters and helps everyone else make fun of them.

But thanks for the BJ Penn links ;)

• 4 years ago

As an American, I can admit that our pop culture does portray the Asian man in a certain way. We see Asian male actors like Jackie Chan or watch sitcoms like South Park where Asian men are cast into a stereotype. However, Americans in general are well aware of the stereotype and know that that is all it is. When we laugh at Asian jokes (or any race jokes including our own), we are not laughing at Asians, but actually just at the stereotype for what it is. We are laughing at our own race and our own ancestors for being so naive as to actually believing the stereotypes some time ago. I'm not denying that there are some real naive people from our country on this site (MANY of them are school-aged kids), but please don't assume that we are all just as stupid! There are many Asian families living all over the US- from many different countries. While many Americans are not able to tell the difference between a Korean person and a Chinese person, they are well enough aware to know the difference between a stereotypical Asian man and a modern Asian man. It is probably similiar for you guys regarding Americans. If I was standing next to an Australian girl, you wouldn't be able to tell which one of us was from which country unless we spoke and you could hear the accent. Haha now the stereotypical American would be the fatter one of us probably holding a McDonald's bag, right?

• 1 decade ago

The most popular and well known Asian-American man was probably Bruce Lee. He's dead now, but no one really took his place. There aren't many Asian celebrities in America, especially men. Keanu Reeves is part Asian but I don't know if he counts.

You're giving the Virginia Tech shooter way too much credit. Most people have forgotten about him. Few people remember his name, and his ethnicity is even more irrelevant. It's a good thing that this shooter wasn't made legendary, like the Columbine shooters were. He should be forgotten and the victims should be remembered.

• 1 decade ago

Hawaii is part of America, and has a lot of Asians/Pacific Islanders. Yet they represent their fellow countrymen as foreigners in American media. America has always been racist as a society.

Yeah, Americans only love their people who are a certain color. They look for those type of people because they love to flatter themselves and talk down on other races. This just shows how insecure they are of their recessive gene complexes. LOL. It's so obvious.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zuy_N
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i didn't know they were both asians

reply: oh i see

Have you heard of the undefeated Cung Le (MMA) or Dat Nguyen (Pro boxing)? They're good. Search him up on youtube if you never heard of him.

• 1 decade ago

well, there's lucy liu and john cho.

america's just jealous.

and the virginia tech guy was korean btw.

and he was mentally unstable.

ne-yo's a fourth chinese.

cassie's filipino.

kal penn's asian.

there's plenty.

• 1 decade ago

America has came alone way. Blacks were first hated on, then Asians then Mexicans, ALL is hated in the land of the Free. Jews, Gays, Asians, Blacks, White Trash, White Elites, etc. We hate cause we can, Welcome to the free!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Um no. American doesn't. We just have to wait for one to step forward and start singing or acting. Besides, Japan isn't exactly welcoming in the entertainment biz to non-Japanese people.

• i use to feel the way you feel but its not worth it. just stick to a goal and go for it. good things will come. i promise.

Source(s): asian guy
  • 1 decade ago

America hates everything that is'nt Mother, God, Home & Apple Pie!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.