Buying first home with VA loan and average credit score?

My Husband and i live in WA and are trying to buy our first house, but ofcourse we are very confused about the whole progress. He was in the NAVY for 5years and now has a VA loan, he is the only one that works, im a full time stay home mom. Have no money for downpayment for the house. My Q is, Is it the best for... show more My Husband and i live in WA and are trying to buy our first house, but ofcourse we are very confused about the whole progress. He was in the NAVY for 5years and now has a VA loan, he is the only one that works, im a full time stay home mom. Have no money for downpayment for the house.
My Q is, Is it the best for us to use the VA loan?
Is average credit score ok for a $250.000 loan? and also how much are usually closing fees? and do we need to have that money with us right away or what? Are realtors free or we have to pay them?
Ok thank you for all your answers and hope to hear good answers :)...
Update: oh yeah also my husband is an IT and gets pay around $45.000 a year and currently is in College.