Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

push up bras?

whats the difference between a push up bra and a regular bra..cause the tag on one of mine says pushup bra but it doesnt make my boobs look bigger...does push up bras work when ur size 34a

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Push-up bras depend on you having something to push up. If you have small or very firm/perky breasts, there's probably not much that a push-up bra can do.

For someone with large or saggy breasts, they can literally push them up higher on the rib cage and create the illusion of larger breasts and more cleavage, but if there's nothing to push, or the breasts are firm enough to resist being pushed by underwires, then there won't be a noticeable difference. Also, a push-up bra has to fit snugly to work- if the bra is too big, it won't create the force needed to push up on the breasts. A comfortable push-up bra is probably not going to do the trick, alas.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No, not all bras are push up bras. You don't sound stupid, it's confusing because there are so many different types of bras so yeah. Also, push up bras have padding that are meant to basically push your boobs up and in essence create an illusion that you have bigger boobs. For example, Victoria's Secrets Bombshell bra adds 2 cup sizes. However, they have underwire bras that are lightly lined without any padding. Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

push up bras don't necessarily make your boobs bigger, they just make them not look saggy looking and lift them up. I suggest get a padded bra if you want your boobs to look bigger.

• 1 decade ago

not really .... you need something to be pushed up. If you are mostly flat I would suggest a padded bra instead and they are even more comfortable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah it should because my friend has small boobs but she likes to show cleavage and when I saw her yesterday, they still looked small, but they were extremely "pushed up" lol.

• 1 decade ago

a push up bra pushes your chest up, but if its that small it might not work.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes all sizes may be your not wearing it tight enough

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeh they give u more cleavage

• 1 decade ago

yea it works.

Source(s): same size, i have one.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.