when u violate ur probation for the first time who make the call of what happens?

he is a new p.o like only 8 months on the job

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The PO is the one who makes decisions on what to file, under supervision of the Chief or Deputy Chief PO.

In our office, we have permission of the Court to hold administrative hearings for minor violations of probation. it's only a one-time deal.

The four supervisors of the department serve as the administrative sanctions board, and they hear the allegations made by the PO. The probationer is allowed to dispute those allegations, or he can agree that he did violate. The supervisors are allowed to impose certain sanctions upon the probationer, such as additional community service.

Even with only 8 months on the job, your PO has probably already dealt with a lot of things. He's more experienced than you would think. My first day on the job I was searching a house, did drug screens, and wrote my first PTR.

Source(s): I'm an Indiana probation officer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

nah bro i think the p.o makes a decision but then later you go to court and then the judge makes a decision on whut to do to u

• 1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure the probation officer reports it to the court, and the court makes the decision. Your probation will be revoked and you will have to serve time.

• JYogi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The PO makes a suggestion and a judge will decide...

Why would you screw up on probation?

Just clean your act up, get through it and get a fresh start...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the p.o. gives the court recomendation!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The PO

• 1 decade ago

i don't know it all depends on your po. but since he is knew he might spank your *** to make an example or maybe power happy.

• 1 decade ago

the p.o.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.