How are the gas prices affecting your boating plans this year?

Best Answer

I live on my boat... I plan to keep living on my boat...

It sure beats the alternative - at any price. lol

I am so thankful to be putting gas in my boat - and not in my car - having to drive to work everyday.

I am retired and loving it!

My life on display at > www.sternwheelers.org <

• Josh M

The increasing gas prices will affect people differently depending on a variety of parameters like income, budget, etc. Since boating is a major source of recreation for those who enjoy being on the water, I think people will still spend as much time in their boats as possible, to get away from the "rat race". They may not run the engine as much, but they will use the boat as a platform for other activities.

i work on boats for a living. and with the gas prices up so high, people aren't taking their boats out or fixing them. we are down 37% from sales and repairs from last year.

My season is so short that I can't let it affect my plans.

We had ice out today, May 10. And boats will be out of the water in October. It's short.

I get so many credit card offers I am sure one bank will finance my summer. ;-)

Source(s): Inland waters guru
  • Winnie

if thats a worry, get rid of your boat.

in this day an age... if you want to play your going to pay..! ! ! !

there is no cheap way around it.....