Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Dave asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Discount dental plan.?

Do dentists that participate in discount plans provide lower quality service to patient that use these plans?

I'm considering using one but I'm concerned about the service provided.

I've also considered a dental school, which is similar in price. Would this option be better? The school is 1 hour away from home so that is a bit of an inconvience.

Favorite Answer

I bought a discount dental plan from dentalplans.com. The dentists all give high quality service. They participate in the plans because you have to pay in full at the time of the service & it saves them from having to bill you or file with insurance companies. The plan I bought was about $100 for a year & I had major dental work that would have cost me $2900 with out the plan. With it I paid $1863. It saved me $1000 & I am quite happy with my dentist.

No, not at all. It brings in business to them. I would encourage you to visit this website: www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online over 3 yeas ago now for all my dental needs. They have saved me thousands of dollars throughout the years from Root canals, extractions, cleanings,fillings, exams...etc. All services are included in this very affordable plan. They even had my benefits active in 2 hours and was able to use it the very same day. good Luck and hope this helps.