If Obama wins?

Do you think that if Obama wins the election, that there will be riots?

There is alot of chat on this forum that show strong racial tension. As well as the mention of the word "riot"

When I say riots I am comparing it to

"Hey our team won, lets go _________"

Please lets keep things mature and no name calling to others.

Par - What makes you think that "white" people don't riot?

RIOT-

1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.

2. Law A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.

3. An unrestrained outbreak, as of laughter or passions.

4. A profusion: The garden was a riot of colors in August.

5.

a. Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry.

b. Debauchery.

6. Slang An irresistibly funny person or thing: Isn't she a riot?

1. To take part in a riot.

2. To live wildly or engage in uncontrolled revelry.

Color of someone's skin was not mentioned in any definitions. What dictionary are you using?

Also let us not "thumbs down" anyone. Everyone is entitled to their thought or opinion. Lets be respectful of one another.

Joe E - So what do you call violent acts that whites had commited throughout history?

The 1943 Detroit race riots?

New York City Draft Riots of 1863?

Favorite Answer

Don't know where people get this idea that white people don't riot. I remember here they tried to do a one day prohibition of alcohol. Don't remember the details of why, but they didn't want alcohol served for some reason (just for 1 day) and the riot was huge! About 10,000 white people were rioting. Same thing happened when the Bears went to the Superbowl and when the sox won the world series and when the cubs made the playoffs. So yes white people riot. These may have started as celebrations, but by the end of the nights cars were overturned signs torn down stores looted etc. Of course thats college life I suppose. But I think it would qualify as a riot. The alcohol one even made that cops show or whatever it is where they show all the car chases and riots.

Obama won the nomination and it is pretty quiet here. I suppose if he wins the Presidential election might get a little noise, but not really. Now if he loses think things might get a little nasty.

I know people have mentioned there being riots, etc and who knows if that would happen or not. But, very seriously, I have seen nothing on this site, even with angry racism, that would make me think that any of us would riot or get physical if face to face.

I can almost assure you that there will be riots at the Democratic National Convention regardless of who wins the nomination!

The Anti American / Anti War crowd is livid with the Democratic Party Leadership, and is planning civil disobedience!

Blasphemy.

If Bush didn't create riots with his abuses of the United States Constitution, an illegal and unjust war that killed over 4,000 American soldiers and wounded over 100,000 with some estimates of ONE MILLION dead Iraqi CIVILIANS and a couple million more displaced...why would Obama, a gifted intellectual who turned down a corporate job and instead dug into the streets of Chicago as a grassroots community organizer and professor of Constitutional Law - cause a riot?

This country is suffering from a severe psychosis. We are so naive, paranoid, controllable, and ignorant to truth.

I'm sick of the outright crap I'm reading on here from my countrymen. I want America to wake up and take a stand for their rights and take back control of their government from the fascist big energy/military industrial complex war profiteers!!!

Mccain = Bush.

Obama = YOU.

I think the black people will riot if he loses! and when is the last time you saw a white group rioting?? they are right white people dont riot!

I don't hear Clinton supporters speaking of rioting. I hear that coming from Obama supporters if Clinton wins the nomination. Nothing like threatening hostile criminal activity to encourage people to support someone....

What? Are they going to threaten to riot if Obama doesn't win the general election next? Then are they going to threaten to hurt you if you criticize him as president? Then are they going to threaten to riot again in the event he is ever impeached?

To those rioters - I don't care. Go break the law.

No. There would be riots if Hillary somehow managed to pull out the nomination.

Riots? Are you serious? Whoever said that is an........ well im not going to say it because you said not to name call, but you get what I mean.

I agree with MG..the greatest danger lies in a scenario that gives The Clinton Machine the nomination..That has the potential to get very ugly..Otherwise, Heck No!

White people don't riot.