Why do conservatives believe education is actually "indoctrinating" people into "liberal ideas"?

Our country was founded on the idea that mandatory education would help create good citizens who would carry out their civic duties (like VOTING, which a whole crapload of Americans don't even do). Many cons today think school is some kind of business investment, where you stick money in primarily in order to... show more Our country was founded on the idea that mandatory education would help create good citizens who would carry out their civic duties (like VOTING, which a whole crapload of Americans don't even do). Many cons today think school is some kind of business investment, where you stick money in primarily in order to get a good job, not to become a good, well-rounded citizen and original thinker. Why the anti-education and anti-intellectual sentiment?
Update: Uh, P.S., yes, I understand your beliefs (though I'm not sure why) that educators stand around all day berating their conservative students that they're wrong and they need to be like their teachers. But I work in education. If the process of education was as easy as indoctrination, as easy as kids sucking... show more Uh, P.S., yes, I understand your beliefs (though I'm not sure why) that educators stand around all day berating their conservative students that they're wrong and they need to be like their teachers. But I work in education. If the process of education was as easy as indoctrination, as easy as kids sucking up all their teachers' beliefs, this job would simply not be such a pain in the a.ss as it is today. "Indoctrination" simply does not happen.
Update 2: LOL. "Liberalism is a lie!" and "Bow to Messiah Obama," did you learn in school that name-calling and ad hominem attacks are not valid arguments. I'm sure you may have also noticed they're against the Community Guidelines required for use of this site.