To my Fellow Christians, Why not Evolution?

What is wrong with believing that God set in motion the forces of nature that allowed us to evolve into what we are? Why does Genesis have to be read literally. It is a common method of Communication to use fictitious stories to teach greater spiritual Truths. Even if you cannot accept Evolution as many... show more What is wrong with believing that God set in motion the forces of nature that allowed us to evolve into what we are?

Why does Genesis have to be read literally.

It is a common method of Communication to use fictitious stories to teach greater spiritual Truths.

Even if you cannot accept Evolution as many of us do, why do you have to be so hostile to your Fellow Christians who simply disagree with you?
Update: i would argue we could tell the difference through context

and btw, why can't we have it "both ways".

How dare you tell me what i can and can't believe.
Update 2: It is God's word. But He inspired MANy forms of literature. Poetry, Apocalyptic, historical records, oral histories, etc etc.

i find it funny that so many atheists must force the fundementalist reading on everyone. Its like you want us to fit in this little box so its easier to attack.
Update 3: Angus, never refer to me again as a "so called" Christian. Are you God to judge my heart?

And secondly, it only conflicts with your UNDERSTANDING of the Bible. Are you prideful enoug to say that your understanding of Scripture is infallible?