Toilet Training (Big vs small potty)?

My son will sit once in a while on a potty seat on the big toilet. My question, will I have more success with a little potty chair then on the big boy potty? My MIL say potty chairs are horrible and you have to potty train again on the big potty.

So, let me know from both sides. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Potty training standing up helped my sons. They could see what was happening and connect the muscles they had to use with what they were seeing. With this muscle control they knew how to control their bladder. I started potty training when they woke with a dry diaper or would pee when I asked them to. I researched on amazon and found a stool that allows boys to stand by themselves over a toilet and has sides so they can hold on the whole time. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

I liked being able to flush away waste and avoid a transition from a floor potty to toilet.

So for me, this stool was well worth it and was the perfect way for my son to use the toilet.

some kids like to use the big toilet straight away, others are a little shy. buy a potty and keep it at hand so your child gets used to seeing it, let them explore it. tell them what its for

my son is 3 and uses the big toilet through the day and i keep the potty in his room incase he needs it through the night. so either way he uses both so theres no harm in introducing your child to the potty or straight onto the toilet. its up to you.

Receiving your toddler out of nappies depends on no matter whether a consistent method is get. Therefore, if she is at nursery or with a little one minder, nanny or relatives, absolutely everyone requirements to get the same approach.

To understand how to potty train your kids in only three days you will need this plan https://tr.im/h8VhN

This valuable plan helps you in lowering the require of altering dirty diapers repeatedly. Right after utilizing this program your kid would be totally potty trained. It also assists in growing the self-confidence of your youngster, which is important for his advancement.

This program is the best program for Those dad and mom who can devote 3 days for potty train of their kid. They only require to be calm, tolerant and patient and comply with this guidebook.

i started PT both my kids when they were 6 months old.. so they sat on the potty chair till 11 months and then i transferred to the big potty with a reducer. they both didnt hv any transition problems...

I had started using the little one and came to the conclusion that it was a lot easier using the big toilet with a seat on it for them. It was a lot easier and a lot more sanitary.

Source(s): Mother of two 3 year old son 2 year old daughter 33 weeks along with last baby 2 miscarriages

I would say it doesn't matter. We used cheerios in the toilet bowl and had our son aim at them. It was good target practice.