Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

How much does a car paint job cost?

My 2002 Ford Explorer has a few scratches and stains i guess i should call them and i want to touch the car up a little bit do i want a full body paint job and how much will this cost? Or is there something different i can get where i just fix up the scratches. Also if i did get a paint job do they do anything to this part of the car since it is scratched up a little bit as well http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn6/fuciu/aasd....

Update:

Southwest Florida

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on what you have done.

If you are trying to make your car look like a new car it will reguire a complete repaint where they take the old paint off down to bare metal and remove hardware such as door handles and locks before they repaint.

This is the type of paint job that you would do for an investment grade classic car.

If you just want cheap paint over the old paint you can get by for a few hundred dollars.

A complete repaint will cost you $3,000 or more depending want part of the United States you are in and what environmental regulations that the paint shop has to meet.

Any body work is extra.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Nobody who would do a proper job would touch a car for a repaint for $300-400. Try in the thousands if you want a proper job done. And do not listen to the other person, Yes you can buy the paint etc for that price, But the tools etc needed and experience?? You'd end up with a shoddy job. And one who cant even spell right or use proper grammar, Who apparently works in "commercial"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

this is like asking how much does a nice coat cost?

that depends on what nice is to you.

is it a mink coat, a leather coat or a gore-tex parka.

expect to pay a minimum for the whole car of $700 to $1,000

much of how a paint job comes out depends on the prep work done b4 the paint goes on.

Source(s): ,,^._.^,,
  • 1 decade ago

There are mobile paint repair companies that will come to you and repair minor body and paint repairs reasonably priced !! Tell me what State your in and i will look it up for you. In VA. There is DR. Vinyl and Colors on parade !! They both do exellent work ! plzz reply as to your State!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

depends on where you have it done . a couple hundred dollars at least though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.