Where does the concept of Lucifer was once the favored angel of God, before his fall from Grace come from?

I've seen this a few times in answers and questions, where does the concept he was Gods favourite Angel before he fell from Grace come from?

And if this is so for the people who have said this, wouldn't it mean God has favourites? or Favours some more then others?

Haldir baby not legoless LOL

Best Answer

To paraphrase St. Thomas Aquinas, God loves good and He wills the greater good for each of us, therefore those who are closer to Him are the most loved by Him.

Some people have a problem with the idea that God loves some more than others. God loves everyone, but not equally. How could God love an evil person more than a good person? His will is to love that which is good.

• Erika

Very thrilling question you have asked right here. My theory is that God did not warn the angels related to the sin of delight simply by fact there grew to become into no reason to. incorrect ideas and desires did not exist for an prolonged time till one angel desperate to rebellion. Up till Lucifer fell from grace, each and every of the angels have been intrinsically solid. yet all of them had loose will and might desire to think of or do something they wanted to. in some unspecified time interior the destiny, devil began to enhance a prideful attitude, questioning that human beings might desire to be worshipping him rather of God. it would desire to look atypical for evil to purely impulsively spring up out of nowhere, inspite of the incontrovertible fact that it is not impossible. James a million:14,15 makes a solid element that when someone has a incorrect want, it could extraordinarily lots snowball into something greater extreme and damaging, that's what exceeded off with devil. He saved questioning approximately it and saved questioning approximately it till ultimately, it moved him to rebellion.. wish that facilitates a splash

Isaiah 14:12

The name Lucifer only appears in the book of Isaiah. The passage is a little confusing because in the same section is a description of the Babylon King. Most people have attributed it to Satan because it sounds like him... others attribute it to the Babylonian King. Dante is the one who really popularized the name Lucifer for Satan. (Lucifer means the morning star).

• ULAM

There's something about it in the Old Testament (Isaiah I think), and the Gnostic Gospel of Bartholomew describes it as well. I've never seen anything about it in the canonical New Testament though.

Scripture:

How you have fallen from heaven,

O morning star (Latin =Lucifer), son of the dawn!

You have been cast down to the earth,

you who once laid low the nations!

13 You said in your heart,

"I will ascend to heaven;

I will raise my throne

above the stars of God;

I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,

on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.

14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Most High."

15 But you are brought down to the grave,

to the depths of the pit. "

Isaiah 14:12-15

"Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says:

" 'You were the model of perfection,

full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 You were in Eden,

the garden of God;

every precious stone adorned you:

ruby, topaz and emerald,

chrysolite, onyx and jasper,

sapphire, turquoise and beryl.

Your settings and mountings were made of gold;

on the day you were created they were prepared.

14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,

for so I ordained you.

You were on the holy mount of God;

you walked among the fiery stones.

15 You were blameless in your ways

from the day you were created

till wickedness was found in you.

16 Through your widespread trade

you were filled with violence,

and you sinned.

So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,

and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,

from among the fiery stones.

17 Your heart became proud

on account of your beauty,

and you corrupted your wisdom

because of your splendor.

So I threw you to the earth;

I made a spectacle of you before kings.

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade

you have desecrated your sanctuaries.

So I made a fire come out from you,

and it consumed you,

and I reduced you to ashes on the ground

in the sight of all who were watching.

19 All the nations who knew you

are appalled at you;

you have come to a horrible end

and will be no more.' "

Exekiel 28:12-19

I found it in Isaiah 14:9-13.

• ?

Well, lots of people refers to this concept because they read it from the bible. Which to be honest nobody has ever seen this in person neither there is a proof of it.

Lucifer has gotten a bad rap for a long time now. The name "Lucifer", means "Light-Bringer" (from lux, lucis, "light", and ferre, "to bear, bring")

no God never like Lucifer. and God can and sometimes does love more angels than others