Diaper rash gone bad fast?

My daughter's 8 mths old. I'm VERY careful to change her as often as possible and keep her out to air dry for as long as I can. Last Friday night she had gotten a little red by her butt and I put KY Jelly on it. It was 11pm when we first noticed it (and it wasnt there when I had changed her earlier) and we... show more My daughter's 8 mths old. I'm VERY careful to change her as often as possible and keep her out to air dry for as long as I can. Last Friday night she had gotten a little red by her butt and I put KY Jelly on it. It was 11pm when we first noticed it (and it wasnt there when I had changed her earlier) and we had no diaper rash creme. Saturday came around and in the morning her skin looked chapped/chafed. Got diaper rash creme and put it on it. Later on in the day, the rash was blistering up. Sunday I saw my mom who's a RN and she told me to put hydrocortizone creme on it. That just stung and made her cry harder. I talked to her dr on Monday and they told me Neosporin. It's now FRIDAY and her rash is still open and sore when we pat it dry. We use the neosporin with diaper rash creme on top of it, and we can't get an appointment with her Dr til Monday. Any ideas what else it could be?? Or what else could help??
12 answers 12