What could be going on? Indegestion, heart burn, acid reflux??

Hi everyone. I am 30-32 weeks pregnant (have 2 different due dates). I have been having indigestion and heart burn, but when it gets bad, it sort of hurts then rushes up to my head. So I feel really nautious and like a sinus ache and heart burn all at once. Any one else deal with this? Any idea what it could be or possible remedies? Its pretty much every day all day now. Thanks for the help and for reading. 10 points to best answer :)

Thanks for all the great anwers, tums doesn't work anymore. And as far as the eating goes, I don't do dairy because I'm lactose intolerant. And I have lost 13 pounds so far due to severe morning sickness, and am on a special diet to help me stay healthy for baby - which is like 6 snacks per day. So I'm not eating a lot and any one meal time. Sorry if TMI, but wanted to get everyone the right information.

Favorite Answer

all i can say is this happens to me too with both of my pregnancy the only thing that works for me is tums and i have tried EVERYTHING!good luck its almost over:)

• ~Kim~

Use some Pepcid ac (?) or ad... Tums doesn't work for acid reflux, which is what it sounds like you suffer from. I do also, but I don't get it all the time.. I get heartburn more than anything. I'll bend down for something and I'll feel the burn coming on.... It sucks!!! Keep tums & Pepcid around for the rest of your pregnancy. This is the trimester in which it seems like it will never end!! :) Good luck to you!!!!

LOL! Heartburn means alot of hair....!! I wish!!! I had it bad and that's what everyone said!!... My kids were just as bald as Montel Williams!!!! :)

when you're pregnant the baby pushes up all your internal organs to make space for himself, thus leaving you with a very small space for a stomach, thus eating a big meal will lead to heartburn, the others reccomened TUMS this is good, but only helps up to a point, the thing that really helped me when tums did not was Milk Of Magnesia. It's in a blue bottle & sold over the counter, it's specially made for reflux & heartburn, within seconds you feel relief, i used to walk around with a little bottle in my bag all the time it really helps, & it's safe to use while pregnant, they also say in my country that the reason you have heartburn really bad is because your baby has plenty hair, but that's just a myth, i'm sure it made you smile though, good luck & best wished for you & the baby!

Could be heartburn...but shounds more like reflux...try tums (a pregnant woman's best friend) but if it persists you may need some ranitidine to help keep the acid down.

probably acid reflux... do you take tums?? they worked wonders for me when I was that far along... if that doesnt work maybe try not eating dairy. Dairy has been known to spike up acid reflux while mixed with food.

I was getting really nauseated from my heartburn/indigestion as well around that time. So much that I wasnt able to eat.

My Dr was concerned because he wanted to make sure that I was still eating proper meals.

Sounds like you could possibly be eating too large of meals/snacksfor the size of your stomach now (with the baby pushing on it all the time)

Tums for me did nothing and because I wasnt able to eat my Doc suggested Zantac 150 mg before I eat anything and it made a WORLD of a difference, I can eat normally now again and finally feel good again.

I would talk to your Dr. before taking it, just to see if he/she might suggest something else. But it worked for me :)

GL :)

I had this at times too when I was pregnant. I definitely recommend TUMS. They taste decent, have calcium, and work fast. The bst thing for the headaches is a low dose of tylenol. Hope that helps!!

heartburn means lots of hair =o) just figured that would make you smile!