how do i remove the search history in internet explorer?

i have avg 8 free edition and it also install avg toolbar and a search box powerd by yahoo search howdo i remove the search history thats in there i have treyed going to tools and deleting the browsing history but its still there please help .

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

you can go to history then go to the day then you click the day and then you can delete it on you can type in the google bar then it says history then press delete history and the only way you cant delete it is if your computer/laptop has key logger that is a program the records every key you push that day

• 1 decade ago

Why do you even want to remove your history? If you are looking at inapropiated 18+ images, and you want to hide this away from your parents, then ya.... Anyways, go to View on your Tool bar and then go to Explorer Bar and click on History. Also you can use Control+Shift+H. Usually by that way, your history should delete.

• 1 decade ago

Here's an answer from the official AVG site!

AVG Security Toolbar - how to delete history

http://www.grisoft.com/ww.faq.num-1199#faq_1199

Source(s): Google
  • 1 decade ago

A similar question was asked earlier. Type into the "Search for questions:" bar above "How can i switch off the browser history in internet explorer?" and you will see a five star answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Delete history will NOT clear the search bar.

Get to Internet options -> Content (if IE6 ) --> find some place that has "Delete saved forms" (i don't remember exactly where it is)

• 1 decade ago

and also deleting your google search click on favourites (the star icon) then history tab, right click on the files and delete

• 1 decade ago

go to tools then go to delete browser history

• 1 decade ago

tool bar

explorer bar

history-click

should work

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.