A question for those who like to "point out other's sins" (Catholic Crusader...)?

How do you explain this Bible phrase: Matthew 7:3-5 3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your... show more How do you explain this Bible phrase:

Matthew 7:3-5

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

5.You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Isn't telling someone they are a sinner being a hypocrite, because you are no less of a sinner than they are?
Update: P.S.I am specifically talking about those who condemn homosexual marriage, but this applies to all instances of hypocrisy in Jesus' name.