Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

Do grass spiders/ funnel spiders live inside? I keep finding them.?

They have the brown stripe on their upper body and are always in my home! I just moved to Tx and I find them everywhere! I have read that they usually stay outside, but I find more inside my home, then outside! The weather is nice, humid though, so is that why they keep coming in my home? will they hurt my 3 year old daughter?

Best Answer

Oh man. Remind me to never move to Texas. When I think funnel spider..I think funnel web spider from Australia. Those ARE very posionious. They are the common backyard spider and they can kill you... not sure if they are the same...let me research...and find you a link.

http://www.uky.edu/Ag/CritterFiles/casefile/spider...

Good news..they are different than what I was thinking they were. Still not going to be going to Texas anytime soon!! HOLLA!!

EEEK!! Im not sure I will ever sleep again!! I looked at far too many spider pictures!! Ack!

Source(s): Good luck with this...

Bites are most prevalent during summer and autumn when males leave the burrows in search of females. Accidental encounters with wandering males usually occur in gardens, houses, garages and sheds - particularly ground-level dwellings on concrete slabs.

Bites are dangerous and can cause serious illness or death. The venom appears to particularly affect primates (ie humans), whereas other mammals - such as cats and dogs - are relatively resistant.

People are usually bitten on a limb. Immediate action should be taken to apply a pressure immobilisation bandage and immobilise the bitten limb using a splint. Restrict the victim's movement. Capture the spider for positive identification. Do not wash venom off the skin, as retained venom will assist identification. Seek medical attention urgently. St John Ambulance Emergency First Aid

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

They have the brown stripe on their upper body and are always in my home! I just moved to Tx and I find them everywhere! I have read that they usually stay outside, but I find more inside my home, then outside! The weather is nice, humid though, so is that why they keep coming in my home? will they...

Source(s): grass spiders funnel spiders live finding them: https://biturl.im/DqpEZ

yes, they are quite common in houses in tropical areas, and i'm pretty sure texas climate is close enough to tropical climate. and i am pretty sure they aren't venomous

i would suggest you work up a vacuuming schedule so that by the end of the week all areas of your house, including behind all furniture, curtains, etc and under couch cushions get vacuumed at least once a week. all that disruption will most likely piss them off and they will decide to move out of your house. works with almost any spiders. unless you want to call an exterminator or use chemicals, but i would try to avoid that with small children around the house.