Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 1 decade ago

Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player always including a remote control?

Hi,

I wonder if every Xbox 360 HD-DVD Players comes bundled with a remote control since nearly every online shop says it comes with a remote control (at least in Germany).

I was about to buy a HD-DVD Player but I didn't find the line "remote control added", so I wrote an e-mail and got a reply like "There is no separate remote control. You navigate with your usual Xbox controller".

This could mean two things:

Either there really is a version of this player without a remote control OR the the person who sent me the e-mail thought I was asking whether they add a SEPARATE remote control sort of as a bundle. The answer to this would be no, obviously, since they wouldn't give away free stuff when the player itself only costs about 15$ (10€).

So, can anyone tell me if every Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player includes a remote control (added right in the factory)?

Thanks! :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

i would say that it probably doesnt but has been thrown in by the store. if you plan to get one, i wud warn u against it, because HD DVD production has ceased in favour of blue ray. there isnt a massive difference in price anyway. getting a HD DVD player is a bad idea people!!

• Elaine
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes, that's kind of the whole point of the thing. No one is making HD DVDs now, anyway, so the 360 HD DVD Player is just an expensive paperweight at this point. It's all Blu-ray from here on out.

• 1 decade ago

Yawn...360s don't come with an hd dvd player (Deven doesn't know anything I guess....). But anyways, don't buy the hd dvd player because blue ray won the hd format war and that means hd dvd is sh!t out of luck. Don't waste your money on dead technology just save for a blue ray player or ps3.

• 1 decade ago

the hd dvd player does come with a remote.

but it's pointless to buy one, because Toshiba(the makers of the hd dvds and the hd dvd drive) stopped making hd dvds. They are still around, but no new ones are being made.

Source(s): bought the hd dvd player
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, it does include the remote. i dont see the reason why you want one because if you have the 360 PRO or Elite it already has a build in HD DVD player. it just doesnt use the Blue Ray Disc's. but if you are asking it does include a remote with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.