can i sue the government for equal rights being denied?

can someone actually sue the government(or who would you sue) for denial of my "american rights"?people do this all the time for all sorts of issues...but i have never really heard of someone doing this because of "gay rights"....i am in love and unfortunatly these united states denies our equal rights in marrige,hospital visits and so forth...(if u disagree with my side then dont bother postin anti gay...) so has anyone ever actually sued for being denied these "rights"....and how...?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can sue the government as long as you have the government's permission. Luckily, they are pretty good about being fair about those sorts of things.

However, you would never win your case. All they would have to do is say the definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. So you are free to marry whomever you please, as long you don't try to change the definition.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You wouldnt be able to sue the government,or if you tried they would pound you relentlessly into the ground.

what you could do however is try to claim pension from the places that denied you. It depends to on where you live, if your in the bible belt, then i hate to say it but you in an uphill battle.

Try and get the little guys first, then work your way up.

good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, the government IS the courts so they would just deny your claim.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in general, you can't sue the government for much of anything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Speak with a lawyer.

• 1 decade ago

i soooooo sooooooo wish that we could do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they shouldnt be so discrimitive (?)(i dont know if that is even the word or if that is even a word lol) on poeples sexuality or how they want to live their lifes....PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• John L
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

well you can sure anyone for anything, but no, you wouldn't win such a suit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.