Is pelleted horse feed is easier to digest for a hard keeper?

My poor little Georgie horse is dropping weight on lush pasture, he's grained/beet pulp and supplemented daily, and was wormed on schedule. I'm doing the double dose panacur, we're doing a fecal, the vet is coming back out, but I'm wondering about changing feeds. George was a septic foal and... show more My poor little Georgie horse is dropping weight on lush pasture, he's grained/beet pulp and supplemented daily, and was wormed on schedule.

I'm doing the double dose panacur, we're doing a fecal, the vet is coming back out, but I'm wondering about changing feeds. George was a septic foal and during his treatment, he developed gastric ulcers. We suspect scar tissue from the ulcers is possibly causing malabsorption issues.

So, I'm wondering if maybe a pelleted rather than textured feed would be easier for him to digest, and maybe he would get more nutrition from it.
Update: This is possibly a complication of DSLD-ESPA, so any sources of nutritional info for DSLD-ESPA horses is appreciated, too.