Straydog asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Why does Rip Hamilton wear that mask?

I know that he broke his nose a few years back, but most people stop wearing it after the bone heals. Is he superstitious? Is it a comfort thing? Does he wear it for protection for his nose?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he's had problems with his nose a few times. it's one of those situations where if anything happens again, they have to do extensive surgery on him. also, he's used to it by now. he says he prefers it now.

After fracturing his nose three times in the 2003-2004 season, Hamilton began wearing a protective mask. He has continued to wear the mask since it has become a symbol of strength. Hamilton says "It's like my Superman cape."

• 4 years ago

Rip Hamilton Mask

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why does Rip Hamilton wear that mask?

I know that he broke his nose a few years back, but most people stop wearing it after the bone heals. Is he superstitious? Is it a comfort thing? Does he wear it for protection for his nose?

Source(s): rip hamilton wear mask: https://tr.im/sP4s4
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/poT8M

he still wears a mask because to protect his nose. he doesn't want to brake it again so he wears that protector. It is most likely not to stand to to the media because i have seen other players currently in the NBA wearing the mask while they play.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's either one of this two:

1. It has become a trade mark.

2. It is used as a precaution to avoid anymore untoward nose breakage in the future.

And yes since he continues wearing it I think he have gotten very comfortable with the mask.

Hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

He has already broken his nose several times. If it happens again at the very least he will more than likely never play again, and at worse he could die. Thats what I read. Yes he has become comfortable with it and has superstitions but those are not the underlying reasons...

• 1 decade ago

I think he is already comfortable wearing the mask. Also protection because who knows? He might bump to someone else and broke it again. Just a caution.

• 1 decade ago

he broke his nose a couple of times during games..he wears it for protection now..he also said he got used to wearing it and doesn't feel comfortable without it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He dunked the ball and one day when he jumped on the floor, he landed on his nose. The doctor said that he had to wear a mask and he does.

• 1 decade ago

because he craves for attention --- he's trying to start a trend.

also, since the mask covers his face, his defenders will have difficulty predicting his moves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.